Great Lakes Traditional Sprints
IRWIN WINS THE 2023 GLTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Hartford, MI (Saturday, September 23, 2023) -The Great Lakes Traditional Sprints presented by PErfit Engine Pro (GLTS) had their final race of the season at Hartford Motor Speedway. What a great championship night it was out on the track, GLTS really knows how to put on a fantastic show, even with a field of 13 cars! The night was packed with a thrilling event of high speed racing and an amazing turnout in the stands. To start this right, we would like to say thank you to all the drivers, fans, sponsors, and staff members who came out to the race and supported us.
Steve Irwin from Fenton, MI drew the 4th position in the redraw and Max Frank from Williamston, MI drew the pole. Max was able to hold his own and have the lead the entire Feature Race, until it came to the last lap. While weaving though traffic Max took the bottom and Steve did the opposite and rode out the top and was able to take the lead with one lap to go. It came down to the last lap where Irwin was able to put his pedal to the floor and win at the drop of the flag with Max and Jay Steinebach from Hudsonville, MI close behind!
Steve Irwin charged a total of 4 positions from 4th to 1st making him tonight's Hosier Racing Tire Hard Charger!! Steve Irwin also won the MPD Racing Fast Qualifier with a fast lap of 16.878 seconds. Second fastest was Steinebach with a time of 17.053 seconds and third was Max Frank with a time of 17.488 seconds. Steve Irwin takes home the Engler Machine and Tool Heat Race 1. Jay Steinebach wins the Beacon & Bridge Market Heat Race 2!!
It was an absolutely fantastic Championship Night, and we proudly crowned Steve Irwin from Fenton, MI, as the well-deserved 2023 GLTS Tour Champion! Steve's exceptional performance throughout the season earned him a remarkable total of 3,719 points. Stambaugh consistently shone in the GLTS series, and his latest victory added another remarkable achievement to his impressive list.
The Top 10 Leader board for the season stands as follows:
- Steve Irwin (Fenton, MI)
- Jason Ferguson (Fremont, MI)
- Max Frank (Williamston, MI)
- Ricky Lewis (Camarillo, CA)
- Mike Astrauskas (Pierson, MI)
- Jay Steinebach (Hudsonville, MI)
- Brian Ruhlman (Clark Lake, MI)
- Joey Iwin (Sandusky, OH)
- Joel Hummel (Nashville, MI)
- Dustin Daggett (Grand Ledge, MI)
To catch tonight's heat races and features, and all the GLTS races, go to the Great Lakes Super Sprints YouTube page. Be sure to follow the page and follow us on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter! For all the news, schedules, results and points, go to www.greatlakessprints.com and click on your favorite division.
Photo Credits: Jim Denhamer
Thank you to our sponsors who are the ones that allow us to a great show to your local tracks. Please help us by supporting the sponsors listed below….
Engine Pro & ARP Racing
Hoosier Racing Tires
Beacon & Bridge Markets
Operating Engineers Local 324
Engler Machine & Tool
Howard Johnsons by Wyndham
Specialty Fuels & Logistics
Environmental Waste & Recovery Service
Precision Engine Works
TC Power Sports
Media Results for 9/23/2023 at Hartford Speedway - Hartford, MI
410 Sprints - Non-Winged 13 Entries
A Feature 1 20 Laps | 00:18:07.620
- 0-Steve Irwin; 2. 25-Max Frank; 3. 10S-Jay Steinebach; 4. 18S-Aidan Salisbury; 5. 33F-Jason Ferguson; 6. 3A-Mike Astrauskas; 7. 10X-Ricky Droke; 8. 07-Shane Simmons; 9. 33-RJ Payne; 10. 31-Terry Harrington; 11. (DNS) 5P-Jim Payne; 12. (DNS) 0C-Andrew Cockman; 13. (DNS) 10G-Kent Gardner
Heat 1 8 Laps | 00:05:06.486
- 0-Steve Irwin; 2. 25-Max Frank; 3. 3A-Mike Astrauskas; 4. 33-RJ Payne; 5. 07-Shane Simmons; 6. (DNS) 10G-Kent Gardner; 7. (DNS) 31-Terry Harrington
Heat 2 8 Laps | 00:03:53.902
- 10S-Jay Steinebach; 2. 18S-Aidan Salisbury; 3. 33F-Jason Ferguson; 4. 10X-Ricky Droke; 5. 5P-Jim Payne; 6. 0C-Andrew Cockman
Qualifying 1 | 00:03:35.641
- 0-Steve Irwin, 00:16.878; 2. 10S-Jay Steinebach, 00:17.053; 3. 25-Max Frank, 00:17.488; 4. 33F-Jason Ferguson, 00:17.750; 5. 3A-Mike Astrauskas, 00:17.764; 6. 18S-Aidan Salisbury, 00:18.119; 7. 33-RJ Payne, 00:18.221; 8. 10X-Ricky Droke, 00:18.515; 9. 07-Shane Simmons, 00:18.663; 10. 5P-Jim Payne, 00:19.193; 11. (DNS) 10G-Kent Gardner, 00:19.193; 12. (DNS) 0C-Andrew Cockman, 00:19.193; 13. (DNS) 31-Terry Harrington, 00:19.193
Article Credit: Brooke K. Pulice